STUDENT CONCESSIONAL PASSES FOR THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2012-13
BMTC will be commencing the issue of Student concessional passes for the academic year 2012-13 on a staggered basis(in tune with the academic calendar ) from 4th of June 2012
The Pass issue time table is as below
The main features are as below :
|Category of pass
||Date of commencing the pass issue|
|Primary & Secondary and High school
||From 4th June 2012|
|I & II PUC course
||From 9th June 2012 |
|Degree, Professional, Technical & Medical and Evening college & other courses
||From 1st July 2012 |
- Free passes to Primary and Secondary level students i.e. from class-I to class-VII will be issued. However a some of Rs.70/- is collected towards service charge, Insurance and IT fee put together.
- 25% additional concession on the rates of Student concessional passes is given to Higher secondary Girl students.
- Keeping in view, the academic calendar of PUC students, passes will be issued for the period June to March instead of July to April as done earlier.
- Keeping in view, the recommendation of the Karnataka Industrial training Department and the academic calendar, students pursuing ITI, Diploma and other Professional courses like Nursing, B.Ed, D.Ed etc will be issued concessional passes for 12 months period from July to June
- Provision is made for extension of concession pass facility by one month to Central syllabus students on production of necessary documents on payment of one months prescribed fee.
- Travel As you Like passes: These passes are for the convenience of the students who require to undertake education related travel to places other than Educational institution. BMTC through these passes offers travel facilities and additional facilities on par with Monthly commuter passholders at 50% of the normal rate. These passes are available in two categories i.e. Black Board only and All Non-AC category.
- Apart from these special categories, passes for 5 and 10 months for all category of students from PUC and above including Professional, Technical, Medical are issued.
The revised rates of different categories of student concessional passes for the year 2012-13 are as below :
||Service charge *
||Total pass rate |
||Primary& Secondary students
|(one month extension in case of central syllabus students will be extended on expiry of 10 months pass period through stamping of the passes ) |
||Higher secondary school students
||College students (including PUC , Degree & Professional)
12 months **
||Tech & Medical Students
||Evening college students
Note : * Service charge of Rs.70/- which includes a processing fee of Rs.50/-, an insurance fee of Rs.10/- and Information technology induction fee of Rs.10/- is collected per pass apart from the basic price of each pass.
** 12 month pass facility is extended to students pursuing courses beyond Pre-university.
The Revised rates of Travel As You Like passes are as below :
||Including Rs.70/- Service fee * |
||12 months |
|Red board/Pushpak / Suvarna
Service charge of Rs.70/- including Rs.50/- Processing fee, Rs.10/- Insurance fee and Rs.10/- Information Technology fee. The Travel As You Like pass fluctuate with the rates of Monthly commuter passes.
Pass Distribution centers: To make the passes easily accessible to students in their own neighborhood, BMTC will be operating 31 distribution centers spread across the city and surrounding areas under the direct control of Divisional Traffic Officer, Kempegowda Bus Station. They are as listed below :
||Pass Issue counters
||Pass Issue counters |
||Kempegowda Bus Station
||Neelasandra Bus Station |
||Shivajinagar Bus Station
||Hampinagar Bus Station |
||Shanthinagar Bus Station
||Nandini Layout B.S.|
||BMTC Indiranagar Depot
||Domlur Bus Station
||Chowdeshwari Bus station (Mattikere) |
||Jeevanbhimanagar Bus Station
||Vidyaranyapura Bus Station |
||K.R.Puram Bus Station
||Yelahankar 5th phase |
||Kalyanagar Bus Station
||Rajajinagar 1st block |
||BMTC RT Nagar Depot
||Malleshwaram Bus Station |
||Basaveshwaranagar Bus Station
||Vijayanagar Bus Station
||Chandra Layout B.S.
||BTM layout Bus station|
||MCTC Bus Station
||Electronic city Depot-19 |
||Kumarswamy Layout Bus Station
||Kengeri Bus Station
||KR Market |
PASS Issue timings : Student concessional passes are issued between 0800 am and 0500 pm at all the above centers on all days except Sundays and General Holidays.
Pre-printed application forms are made available at enquiry counters of all major Bus Stations free of cost. Photocopies of applications/paper cutting copy/typed applications/downloaded copies from website are all honoured.
|Procedure for obtaining Student concessional pass :
- Applications duly filled and attested by the Head of the Educational Institutions along with tuition fee receipt are accepted. .
- From-To destination and change over place to be mentioned legibly/clearly.
- Production of tuition fee receipt for the current year for verification at the fee remittance counter is a must.
- Production of ID card issued by Education Institution necessary.
- Prescribed fee accepted only in cash. DD/Cheques etc are not accepted.
- The above formalities need to be completed even at the time of renewal of 5 months passes.
Period of Issue :To avoid inconvenience from unnecessary rush and crowding at the counters, the period of pass issue is spread over a period of three months.
- Obtaining of one time pass for the whole academic year is recommended to avoid inconvenience and multiple payment of service charge of Rs.70/- per pass issue.
- Improperly filled applications, non-production of tuition fee receipt for the current year attracts rejection.
- All other conditions governing issue of Student concessional passes remain unaltered
- At the time of receipt of pass, ensure proper entry of personal details such as name, class, from-to, via place, etc before leaving the pass counter to avoid later inconvenience to the pass holder